Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So, It's Been a Month or So...

And I haven't written anything. Not that nothing's happened. I played some softball and basketball, we went on a one-week vacation, and, oh, I had a sex-change operation. Midge says I've been making jokes about being a woman lately, so I thought I'd keep it up. Anyway, I plan on posting some pictures of the vacation at somepoint, but those are at home, and I'm at work, so none for now.

So here's what I'm going to do instead: talk about my latest obsession. As most of you know, one of my main hobbies is making beats and such. I have in my head that I'm going to make an EP of instrumentals. Not just my normal hip-hop beats that require lyrics to really sound like complete songs, but stand-alone songs that can be appreciated on their own merit.

For the past several weeks I have been slaving on a new song about sex. I've been hunting for samples in my record collection, and I have to tell you, I have some priceless ones. It's odd, because this whole thing started with an attempt to turn samples from a Howdy Doody record into a goofball song. Suddenly I had about 4 distinct song ideas within one project. I split it up, and now have these separate projects. And while one of them has more promise, the sex one is the one I keep coming back to. The song is linear (at this point)... boy meets girl, they make out, they start fooling around, there's some light bondage, they start makin' babies, and then it's over. I can't wait to finish it. So far there's at least 4 dozen different musical or vocal samples in the project, altough I haven't used them all yet. I've worked on the song every free moment, trying my best not to ignore my wife. I'll tell you when it's finished, and post it somewhere.

If you are interested in any of my past stuff, check them out here.

I give my sex song, so far, a pair of blue balls. So close, but not quite there.

1 comment:

Stanley said...

I freaking stopped checking this thing it'd been so long. I like it. Glad to see you've got the creative, uh, "juices flowing" again.