Friday, August 22, 2008

M-V-P! M-V-P!


So the softball team played its last game last night, losing 4-1 against CBS Radio. It was the lowest scoring softball game in the history of the sport. We played 7 innings in less than an hour. It was a good season; we got better as the year progressed, and were very competive toward the end of the year.

Afterward, the team went to a pizza and beer thingy, paid for by our employer. Our coach/rightfielder handed out awards, and I got Most Valuable Player. It was nice. I put the award on my desk at work, right next to Perry Mason and a picture of Midge.

I give the softball season 4 for 5 with 2 doubles and 7 RBI.

2 comments:

Stanley said...

MVP! Will this be the moment that the captain of the cheerleading team to notices you? Or that earn the grudging respect of your rich, blond rival from the west hills? After which you realize the girl you should have been with has been there all along, supporting you every step of the way...

Max Power said...

I think I'll use this award to in some way honor my lord and savior, Jesus Christ. Perhaps I'll use it to bring attention to global warming... won't someone think of the children?