Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Last Day of My 20's

Today, as you may have surmised from the title of this post, is the last day of my 20's. Tomorrow, I enter the new world of "30." I have been kind of fighting this, but I think once it passes things will be okay. So, how did I spend the last day of my youth, you ask? Well.... I got to work late, worked, and will now go home to clean the house. You see, tomorrow I'm throwing myself a gigantic party. I was unable to get my birthday off, so I have to do all the cleaning tonight. Midge is housesitting for her parents tonight, so I have to do it all by myself. It's only fair, since she does the bulk of the cleaning normally, and they're my douchebag friends. So far, 40 people have confirmed via Evite that they're coming, and I know of about 10 more that didn't rsvp (douchebags), but who are still coming.

We're playing ping-pong, getting a keg, and playing some other games. It should be fun. The bad news, is that there's a so-so chance that it could rain. Our plan was to keep people in the backyard and in the Ping-Pong Shack. But if it's raining, we'll have to move things inside. Our house is less than 1000 square feet, and one of the bedrooms will be off-limits (to house the cat). If it rains, think how muggy it will be in there, with all those people sweating. I'm looking forward to it, though. Midge got me a crown, upon which she's going to hot-glue candles, so I'll have a flaming birthday crown. She also got me a birthday sash, a pinata (and goodies to stuff inside), and is getting me a big cake. She's a good wife.

Here's to my 20's! I give it 9 out of 10 points. It would be higher, but I'm not a professional athlete yet (YET!), which was one of my goals as a kid.

2 comments:

Midge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stanley said...

Also, I think it's kinda fascist (in a bad way, not a good way) that you have to approve our comments before they post. What do you fear?