Friday, January 2, 2009

The Stuff I Got

So Christmas has come and gone, and I had to work again this year. I also got sick, but you can't call in sick when you're working the holiday because then some poor other person has to come in instead, which sucks even more than getting scheduled to work. We did the crazy, non-stop weather coverage for a week, because we got more snow here than we have since 1950. While much of the city more or less stopped going to work, that wasn't really an option for me. I took the bus to work a couple of times, but the closest it would really take me was about a mile away, so I walked through the snow to work from that stop. 3 times I walked home from work, which is about 3 1/2 miles.

My in-laws and my sisters came over for Christmas Eve for the family dealy. We had a honey-baked ham, courtesy of Midge's parents, which was deeeeeee-licious. The next day, after I got of work, we went to see the Blazers lose to the Mavericks. Dirk Nowitzki is a bigger bitch than I had previously thought. The buffet that came with our seats was good, and I had fun.

Now, here's what you all really want to know: what did I get for Christmas? Good question. I got Guitar Hero World Tour, so Midge and I have been rocking out. Our band name is "Nude Slumber Party." We used the money and gift card I got for Christmas to buy a 32" Vizio LCD TV and a new TV stand. I'm stoked. I got plenty of other good presents, too, including "The Dark Knight" on DVD, plenty of work shirts, and a record player that feeds directly into my computer using a USB, which will come in handy. I also traded in a couple of the 8 work shirts I got for a nice Brandon Roy jersey.

I give the whole week of Christmas 18 inches of white, fluffy disdain, but the time I spent with my family one sweet, salty ham (and that's a good thing).

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and the lady! Me, I'm super-jealous of all your snow. But I guess it's only fun when you don't have to work. Still, sounds like you got some sweet stuff for xmas. I'm curious about this buffet that came with your seats at the game. Were you guys like in a box or something? What's up with that?

Max Power said...

The seats were in the Lexus Club Level, which is basically the 200 level. The seats come with all the food and drink (non-alcoholic) you can stuff in your chew-hole. It's fun. The food ranges from prime rib to hot dogs.