Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Greatest Prank Ever? The Worst? You Decide!


Midge and I went to the Grand Lodge in Forest Grove this past weekend. It's a McMenamin's hotel, with 4 or 5 bars inside and a movie theater. It was fun. We saw "Role Models," which was really funny, and drank in each bar. There was a group of really obnoxious middle-aged Republicans who kept showing up every place we went, loudly talking about politics and annoying the living shit out of us. We kept stopping our conversation to eavesdrop and laugh at the ridiculous things they were saying.


At dinner, I pulled a prank on Midge. I've told a couple of people, and for the most part, people seem to think it wasn't nice. I thought it was funny. Here it goes:


Midge ordered a french dip sandwich for dinner, which came with a cup of au jus sauce. We also split a beer sampler, which included six small glasses of beer, from lighter beer to a porter. When Midge went to the restroom, I chugged the porter and replaced it with au jus. About 5 minutes after she sat back down, I got her to try the "porter." She was surprised to say the least. It also just so happened to be that the waitress came to our table to check in on us right as Midge was taking a sip. I laughed a lot, and Midge did too, after a couple of minutes.


What do you think? I'll let you rate this prank on a scale of awesome, to slightly mean.

6 comments:

Libby said...

I think that's truly vicious! (But Dan is cracking up over it...)

Max Power said...

So we agree... hilarious?

Midge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Midge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stanley said...

It's awesome. Practical joking is a lost art that deserves to be brought back into it's rightful place in our day-to-day lives. Kudos, Sir. Kudos.

Alicia said...

I only think it was mean if she had to finish the sandwich with no au jus.