Thursday, January 8, 2009

Miscellaneous

I only have 2 things for you:

-I competed in a rib cookoff at Emily's house last weekend, and it was a lot of fun. I made my mustard-apricot-pineapple sauce, and finished tied for 4th out of 6. Not the finish I was hoping for. I will concede, however, that my ribs were not the best. They were tougher than they often are, and I put too much rub on them, overpowering the delicate nature of the sauce. I really, really, really liked Micahoe's coconut pineapple curry ribs, a lot. I didn't mind tying him for 4th. You can see all the ribs at Emily's blog. I ate so much, and was really tired anyway, so I ended up going all zombie-like on the couch while we watched the Vikings stink it up against the Eagles. I even broke out my Minnesota sweatshirt for the game. If I'm going to pretend to be a real fan, the least they can do is win at home.

-Have you ever seen It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? It's fucking fantastic. I can't believe we caught on to it so late. It's the funniest thing on television right now, and that includes The Office and 30 Rock, which are hilarious. Do yourself a favor, though, start with the first episode. We started in season 4 and it took us several episodes to figure out what was going on. I can't wait to rewatch them now that I know who's who, and why Frank is sleeping in a Futon with Charlie.

My ribs, I give 4 out of six bones. The show gets my highest rating: 16.5 quadriceratop faces.

No comments: