Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We Went to Peru!

It was exciting and fun and we did a lot of cool things. But I'll spare you all the details and pictures that I could put here. We've already showed our families the slide show of our vacation photos. So instead, what I'll do is share with you a minor highlight of the trip. We were at a bar in Aguas Calientes, the small tourist town that sits at the bottom of Macchu Pichu, on a Sunday night. The place was dead, and we only chose it because of the 4 for 1 drink special. This is the place's sign:



As soon as I saw it, I said out loud, "That's Shannen Doherty! Remember her from 90210?" My friends, geniuses all, immediately dismissed my idea. "Max," they said, "why on earth would a bar in a tiny town in Peru put Shannen Doherty, of all people, on their sign?"

When I returned home, I was glad that I took a picture, because I was right. M came over to share photos and we began discussing the sign. I said, "I wouldn't be surprised if we found that picture online." And wouldn't you know it, a simple google search of "shannen doherty" in the pictures section popped up this photo:



I am the smartest man alive. Now, I wish I had only taken a photo of the sign in Cusco that had Lindsay Lohan on it...

I give this sign 4 for 1 drink specials, and myself, 5 for 1.

No comments: