Thursday, February 14, 2008

Me Sicky

It's valentine's day, and I'm sick. I stayed home from work yesterday and today, which is a bitch because it's sweeps, and my boss won't be happy with me when I come back. I have two plastic grocery bags full of used Kleenex. Eew, I know. I feel bad, too, because tonight Midge and I have plans to go to Vindalho, a new fancy Indian restaurant for dinner. We're going to go, no matter what, but I'll be drippy and gross. We have a mini-tradition of going out to Indian food on Valentine's day. We don't do it every year, but we've probably done it 4-5 times. I could eat Indian every week, but Midge is a little more lukewarm on it. That is to say, she likes it, but not to the ridiculous extent that I do. If I had to choose five meals to eat for the rest of my life, Indian would be among them. Here's a list, in no particular order:

- Chicken or Lamb Curry with Jasmine rice and garlic naan.

- Carne Asada Platter with refried beans and rice, chips and salsa.

- Cheeseburger with Onion Rings.

- A turkey or roast beef sandwich on rye, with creamy tomato soup.

- Pad Thai with white sticky rice and pork potstickers.

I would grow very fat, very soon.

The following meals did not make the cut, although it was very close.

- Lamb Gyros with Greek Salad.

- Seafood Platter with Fries.

- Ham Baguette with French Onion Soup.

- Fish and Chips.

- Pizza.

I gotta go, time to eat lunch.

No comments: